Tuesday, April 1, 2008

STREP IS IN THE HOUSE!!

That is right! We have Strep Throat in the house! UGH! As I was leaving work yesterday I got a call from Teeghun's teacher informing me that he had a fever and would be excluded from school until he was fever free for 24 hours (thankfully he is already fever free!)! She also told me that there were two cases of strep throat in the Toddler B room where Teeghun has been going a lot the last week and five total cases in the school. So I got him into the lab at his pediatrician's office to have a strep culture done. He did really good with them swabbing his throat and then five minutes later the suspicion was confirmed "positive for strep"! He is already on antibiotics so he should be able to return to daycare tomorrow provided that we stay fever free all day.

SOOOO, Tanner and Teeghun are home with me this morning, then I am going to drop Tanner off at the daycare and have some one on one time with Teeghun later today. I don't think that I am brave enough to try it all day on my own...

Here are some pics of Teeghun watching Bar Bar (Barney) this morning....



4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jaidean said...

Poor guy - I hope he is feeling better!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janice said...

Oh no! I hope he feels better! He sure doesn't look like he's feeling that great in the photos.

I totally remember those days when I was so nervous to be alone with a newborn and a toddler! In fact, I still get that way sometimes, he-he!